Shop our products
- > Labor Law Posters
- > State-Only Labor Law Posters and Poster Bundles
> OSHA Safety Posters
- > The SS2 OSHA Safety Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Foodservice Safety Poster
- > PPE Workplace Hazard Assessment Checklist
- > Hazcom Employee Right to Know Poster
- > Fire Extinguisher Poster
- > Emergency Safety Instructions Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Safety Poster
- > MRSA Awareness Poster
- > Ergonomics Safety Information Poster
- > First Aid At-a-Glance Poster
- > Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Poster
- > All-In-One First Aid Instructions Poster
- > Labor Law and OSHA Safety Poster Bundles
- > OSHA Safety Programs and Compliance Kits
> Human Resource Tools
- > State Update Kits
- > Worker Misclassification Prevention Kit
- > All-On-One Independent Contractors Poster
- > All-On-One FCRA Notification Poster
- > HR Compliance Training Manual
- > Union-Free Workplace Poster
- > National Labor Relations Act Compliance Kit
- > FLSA Compliance Poster Subscription
- > At-Will Employment Poster
- > All-On-One FLSA Compliance Poster
- > 2017 Attendance Record Forms
- > Employer Legal Briefs Subscription
- > Wrongful Termination Prevention Kit
- > Overtime Exemption Checklist Forms
- > See full list
- > Training Solutions
- > FMLA Compliance
> Harassment & Discrimination
- > EEO Compliance Poster Subscription
- > All-On-One ADA Compliance Poster
- > Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act Compliance Kit
- > GINA Notification Poster
- > Federal Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > California Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet Forms
- > California Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Race Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > Race Discrimination Is Unlawful Poster
- > Racial Diversity Awareness Poster
- > Harassment Policy Forms
- > ADA Amendments Act Compliance Kit
- > ADA Disability Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA EEO Incident Report Form
- > Wrongful Discharge Employment Manual
- See full list
> HIPAA & COBRA Compliance
- > HIPAA Compliance Program
- > CHIPRA Compliance Poster
- > COBRA Notification Poster
- > All-In-One COBRA Information Poster
- > COBRA Information Forms
- > Employer Notice to COBRA Administrator Forms
- > HIPAA Compliance Poster Subscription and Newsletter
- > All-On-One HIPAA Compliance Poster
- > HIPAA Privacy and Security Acknowledgment Forms
- > HIPAA Confidentiality Forms
- > HIPAA Authorization Forms
- > HITECH Act Security Rule Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
> Workplace Posters & Programs
- > Flu Awareness Poster Kit
- > Mandatory Indiana No Smoking Notice
- > Davis Bacon Construction Project Poster
- > Employees Working on a Government Contract Poster
- > Social Media Policy Poster
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Complete Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Basic Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Standard Edition
- > All-On-One Federal Contracts Poster
- > Drug-Free Workplace Poster
- > Workplace Health and Wellness Poster Pack
- > Workplace First Aid Poster Pack
- >See full list
- > I-9 Compliance
Enter your email address
Personnel Concepts' Research Department has been tracking trends and changes in labor law compliance and OSHA safety compliance for more than 20 years. Now, with the change in administrations in Washington, D.C., dramatic new shifts in labor law and its enforcement have taken place, first with the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), and later with stricter I-9 enforcement, an increase in EEOC activity, and the mandating of an Employee Rights Poster.
When change happens, you can read it here first. You can scroll through the most recent alerts or go directly to your state and see if there are any recent changes or updates.
You can count on Personnel Concepts as "Your Trusted Compliance Partner" to keep you alerted to evolving laws and regulations that may directly impact the way you do business and may also require you to take affirmative steps in notifying your workforce of changes.
Any changes that affect the posters you are mandated to display will be announced here. Subscribers will also receive the updated posters through the mail, while other customers will be notified of their availability for puchase.
The Maryland Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation has released an updated “Unemployment Insurance Law” notice. The Maryland Department of Labor Office of Unemployment Insurance revised their Unemployment Insurance law notice with updated processes for applying for benefits. The “area served” list for each unemployment insurance office was revised to match the...
The Maine Department of Labor has released an updated “Child Labor Laws” notice. The Maine Department of Labor revised the Child Labor Laws notice by removing “most jobs in manufacturing, mechanical, dry cleaners, bakeries, hotels/motels, and most commercial places of amusement” as businesses that 14 and 15 year olds can work in. It now reads that 14 and 15 year olds...
The District of Columbia Department of Employment Services has released an updated Minimum Wage poster. The DC Department of Employment Services revised its Minimum Wage poster to reflect the most current link to its internet-based portal for online reporting of the quarterly wage reports. The enforcing office within the department was changed from the Office of Labor Law and Enforcement...
The D.C. Department of Employment Services has released a new conditional notice, "Building Service Employees Minimum Work Week Act of 2016." The D.C. Act 21-485 states that covered employees shall be scheduled to work the minimum work week of at least 30 hours. As stated within the notice, a covered employee is someone who performs janitorial services, building maintenance...
The New Hampshire Department of Labor released a new “Protective Legislation Law” notice. The New Hampshire Department Labor has updated its Protective Legislation Law notice to reflect recently passed legislative provisions. Previously, employers were required to pay all wages within eight days after the expiration of the week in which work is performed. Moving forward,...
The Nevada Equal Rights Commission has released a new Nevada Pregnant Workers' Fairness Act notice. Effectiver Oct.1, 2017, employees have the right to be free from discriminatory or unlawful employment practices based on pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition. However, employers may require a female employee to submit written medical certification from the employee’s...
The Utah Labor Commission has released updated Workers’ Compensation and Workplace Safety and Health in the State of Utah notices. The Utah Labor Commission revised its Workers’ Compensation notice with additional provisions regulated by the Utah Occupational Disease Act. The steps in the process for reporting accidents and starting compensation have been reordered. Also,...
The Idaho Human Rights Commission has released updated “Idaho Law Prohibits Discrimination” and “Unemployment Insurance Benefits” notices. The Idaho Human Right Commission (IHRC) updated their discrimination notice with an anti-retaliation statement. The law prohibits retaliation against individuals who exercise their rights under Idaho’s...
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development has released a new “Hours and Days of Minors May Work in Wisconsin” notice. All employers, except agriculture and domestic service, who hire minors, are required to display and comply with Wisconsin’s minor work hour notice. A recent legislative update regarding work permits has resulted in a notice revision that will...
The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing has released updated “Workplace Discrimination and Harassment” and “Pregnancy Disability Leave” notices. The California Department of Fair Housing (DFEH) revised its process for accommodating individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities. Also, individuals with a disability that prevents...
The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries released an updated “Minimum Wage” notice. Effective July 1, 2017, the minimum wage in the state of Oregon will increase from $9.75 per hour to $10.25 per hour. Additionally, the minimum wage will increase from $9.50 per hour to $10.00 per hour in nonurban counties and from $9.75 per hour to $11.25 per hour in Portland Metropolitan Area....
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development has released an updated Unemployment Benefits notice. The Department of Workforce Development updated their process for applying for unemployment insurance benefits. The option for applying for unemployment benefits via telephone was removed from the notice and replaced with a schedule for applying online. Telephone services can only be used...
The Virginia Department of Labor and Industry has released an updated “Job Safety and Health Protection” notice. The Virginia Department of Labor and Industry revised the “Recordkeeping” section on the Job Safety and Health Protection notice. The revised language states that smaller employers with fewer than 10 employees are exempt from most recordkeeping...
The Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation has released an updated “Workers’ Compensation Law” notice. The Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation expanded its benefits for occupational diseases due to toxic exposure, allowing permanent total disability for workers injured on the job. Also, violations for fraud/noncompliance for employees, employers and...
The Industrial Commission of Arizona has released a new “Earned Paid Sick Time” notice. Effective July 1, 2017, the Fair Wages and Healthy Families Act entitles employees to earn paid sick time and accrue a minimum of one hour of earned paid sick time for every 30 hours worked. Employers with fewer than 15 employees must allow their employees to accrue or use 24 hours of...