Shop our products
- > Labor Law Posters
- > State-Only Labor Law Posters and Poster Bundles
> OSHA Safety Posters
- > The SS2 OSHA Safety Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Foodservice Safety Poster
- > PPE Workplace Hazard Assessment Checklist
- > Hazcom Employee Right to Know Poster
- > Fire Extinguisher Poster
- > Emergency Safety Instructions Poster
- > Space Saver-3 All-On-One Safety Poster
- > MRSA Awareness Poster
- > Ergonomics Safety Information Poster
- > First Aid At-a-Glance Poster
- > Bloodborne Pathogens Safety Poster
- > All-In-One First Aid Instructions Poster
- > Labor Law and OSHA Safety Poster Bundles
- > OSHA Safety Programs and Compliance Kits
> Human Resource Tools
- > State Update Kits
- > Affordable Care Act Compliance Kit
- > Worker Misclassification Prevention Kit
- > All-On-One Independent Contractors Poster
- > All-On-One FCRA Notification Poster
- > HR Compliance Training Manual
- > Union-Free Workplace Poster
- > National Labor Relations Act Compliance Kit
- > FLSA Compliance Poster Subscription
- > At-Will Employment Poster
- > All-On-One FLSA Compliance Poster
- > 2017 Attendance Record Forms
- > Employer Legal Briefs Subscription
- > Wrongful Termination Prevention Kit
- > Overtime Exemption Checklist Forms
- > See full list
- > Training Solutions
- > FMLA Compliance
> Harassment & Discrimination
- > EEO Compliance Poster Subscription
- > All-On-One ADA Compliance Poster
- > Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act Compliance Kit
- > GINA Notification Poster
- > Federal Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > California Harassment in the Workplace Program
- > Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet Forms
- > California Sexual Harassment Poster
- > Race Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > Race Discrimination Is Unlawful Poster
- > Racial Diversity Awareness Poster
- > Harassment Policy Forms
- > ADA Amendments Act Compliance Kit
- > ADA Disability Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Compliance Kit
- > ADEA Age Discrimination Policy Poster
- > ADEA EEO Incident Report Form
- > Wrongful Discharge Employment Manual
- See full list
> HIPAA & COBRA Compliance
- > HIPAA Compliance Program
- > CHIPRA Compliance Poster
- > COBRA Notification Poster
- > All-In-One COBRA Information Poster
- > COBRA Information Forms
- > Employer Notice to COBRA Administrator Forms
- > HIPAA Compliance Poster Subscription and Newsletter
- > All-On-One HIPAA Compliance Poster
- > HIPAA Privacy and Security Acknowledgment Forms
- > HIPAA Confidentiality Forms
- > HIPAA Authorization Forms
- > HITECH Act Security Rule Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
- > Understanding Your Health Care Options Poster
> Workplace Posters & Programs
- > Flu Awareness Poster Kit
- > Mandatory Indiana No Smoking Notice
- > Davis Bacon Construction Project Poster
- > Employees Working on a Government Contract Poster
- > Social Media Policy Poster
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Complete Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Basic Edition
- > Compliance Signage Bundle Standard Edition
- > All-On-One Federal Contracts Poster
- > Drug-Free Workplace Poster
- > Workplace Health and Wellness Poster Pack
- > Workplace First Aid Poster Pack
- >See full list
- > I-9 Compliance
Enter your email address
Wrongful Termination Prevention Kit
Protect your company against post-employment hassles and lawsuits
Over 16 million civil lawsuits are filed annually in the U.S., many of which involve claims of workplace discrimination, retaliation, and wrongful discharge brought about by disgruntled former employees. One third of all employment-related lawsuits involve allegations of wrongful termination (i.e. the decision to terminate was motivated by unlawful retaliation or a discriminatory factor).
According to various studies, companies lose over 60% of all wrongful termination lawsuits, and the average jury award in these lawsuits is $600,000. While the legal doctrine of “at-will employment” in theory allows employers to terminate employment at any time for any reason, various state and federal laws prohibit from terminating an employee because of a discriminatory reason or for exercising their legal rights.
To prevent these costly claims from occurring, employers must implement specific policies, procedures, and documentation practices. In August 2016, the EEOC revised its enforcement guidance on retaliation that includes specific recommendations for employers on how to prevent wrongful termination claims.
Effective best practices recommended by the EEOC and attorneys include publishing an at-will employment policy, publishing an anti-retaliation policy, implementing a progressive discipline procedure, standardizing the termination process, and providing specific training for supervisors and managers.
To help employers prevent costly wrongful termination claims and comply with new EEOC guidance, Personnel Concepts has re-introduced a revised, comprehensive Wrongful Termination Prevention Program. This exclusive compliance solution includes the policies, forms, training materials, attorney recommendations, and best practices needed to prevent and avoid claims of retaliation and discrimination from terminated employees.
Who Needs It
All employers with 1 or more employees on payroll must ensure that their termination process complies with applicable laws.
Prevent Costly Wrongful Termination Lawsuits
The average cost to defend an employment-related lawsuit is $50,000, and the average jury award in wrongful termination cases is $600,000. By complying with the latest EEOC guidelines, communicating essential policies, and thoroughly documenting the termination process, employers can significantly reduce the likelihood that a terminated worker will file a wrongful termination claim.
Create a Line of Defense Against Frivolous Claims
Clearly communicating and thoroughly documenting the terms and conditions of employment, the termination process, and employee performance issues can create a line of defense against frivolous claims brought about by disgruntled former employees.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with this easy-to-use solution, return it within 30 days for a full refund, less shipping and handling.
Our revised Wrongful Termination Prevention Program (3rd Edition) includes the following materials:
- A plain language Guidebook that includes recent EEOC guidance on preventing retaliation claims, overviews of applicable laws, best practices, sample forms and policies, and a legal brief from an attorney.
- An 11” x 17” At-Will Employment Poster to ensure that employees understand that non-contractual employment can be terminated at any time with or without cause, subject to specific exceptions.
- 25 Employee Separation Checklist Forms to standardize and document the termination process.
- 25 Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) Forms to document and communicate performance issues.
- Online Access to nine essential downloadable resources ranging from customizable sample policies to fill-in-the-blank documentation forms and training materials.